Call for Demonstrations
Download the IEEE NetSoft 2016 Call for Demonstrations (PDF, 66 KB)
2nd IEEE CONFERENCE ON NETWORK SOFTWARIZATION – NetSoft 2016
Softwarization of Networks, Clouds, and Internet of Things
June 6-10, 2016
CALL FOR DEMONSTRATIONS
The IEEE conference on Network Softwarization, NetSoft 2016, invites demonstration proposals on networking software related research prototypes. As a high-profile, leading edge forum for researchers and engineers in the field of networking software, Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV), NetSoft 2016 offers a unique opportunity to demonstrate innovative and leading edge networking software prototypes, engage with highly skilled technical audience, and discuss emerging technologies with key thought leaders. Demonstrations showcasing working systems, innovative applications, ground breaking ideas, and novel concepts related to networking software are welcome. In particular, we are seeking the following types of contributions without implying any order of preference:
- Demonstrations from student authors related to the concepts presented in their paper(s)
- Demonstrations from authors whose contributions have been accepted in the main conference and workshops
- Demonstrations from faculty and academic research groups related to NetSoft 2016 key topics
- Demonstrations from industrial researchers
- Demonstrations from open source communities
Prospective contributors are expected to turn in a demo proposal in the form of a 2-page paper in IEEE conference double-column format, preferably incorporating a demo system architecture illustration. Demo papers will be peer-reviewed and accepted demo papers will be included in the electronic conference/workshops proceedings bundle provided to NetSoft 2016 attendees and will be subsequently submitted to IEEE Xplore. The paper should incorporate the following:
- Key networking concepts involved and what is demonstrated
- Prototype Illustrations
- Highlights of the innovation, ground breaking, novel ideas in the area of Networking Software.
- A crisp list of individual items that will be demonstrated.
- The list of technical requirements for the demonstration (power outlet, space, etc.).
The proposal may include additional documents like power points, etc., that clarifies the demonstration. Demonstration proposal papers should be submitted through electronic mail (E-mail) to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org by April 29th, 2016.
- Paper Submission: April 15, 2016
- Notification of Acceptance: April 29, 2016
- Camera-ready Papers: May 9, 2016
NETSOFT GENERAL CHAIR
James Won-Ki Hong, POSTECH, Korea
Burkhard Stiller, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Noura Limam, University of Waterloo, Canada
Younghan Kim, Soongsil University, Korea
IEEE SDN Initiative Chair
Antonio Manzalini, Telecom Italia, Italy
IEEE Communications Society, IEEE Computer Society, IEEE Consumer Electronics Society, IEEE Signal Processing Society.