- Title: Space-Time Video Completion
Space-Time Video Completion
The paper “Space-Time Video Completion” is available here:
We present a method for space-time completion of large space-time holes in video sequences of complex dynamic scenes. The missing portions are filled-in by sampling spatio-temporal patches from the available parts of the video, while enforcing global spatio-temporal consistency between all patches in and around the hole. This is obtained by posing the task of video completion and synthesis as a global optimization problem with a well-defined objective function.The consistent completion of static scene parts simultaneously with dynamic behaviors leads to realistic looking video sequences. Space-time video completion is useful for a variety of tasks, including, but not limited to:
- Sophisticated video removal (of undesired static or dynamic objects) by completing the appropriate static or dynamic background information.
- Correction of missing/corrupted video frames in old movies
- Synthesis of new video frames to add a visual story, modify it, or generate a new one. Some examples of these are shown in the paper.
- Video texture synthesis
- Full field-of-view stabilized video.
An implementation inspired by this work for filling images is available here.
NEW: This method is now part of the Content Aware Fill feature in Adobe Photoshop CS5.